Fulltime Position – Posted on 3 Feb 2022
We at SQLOPS work with mindset of Data Obsession. We empower companies to manage their data efficiently, and in the process, also save them millions of dollars in disguised expenses. We are on the ground floor of growth and our priority is ensuring SQLOPS continues to be a great place to work. We value employee feedback and strive to maintain an engaging culture. SQLOPS has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
The right candidate for this role will have a passion to develop solutions and automation to deploy/maintain/troubleshoot large, distributed SQL and No-SQL environments, along with the ability to work in a team and collaborate across various levels of the company.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound impact as a Database Engineer on our SQLOPS Team.
Every SQLOPS team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for within this role:
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related degree or 3+ years of relevant Database Engineering experience
- Minimum 3+ years of core DBA experience in Microsoft SQL Server database technology with expert architectural knowledge
- Proficient in SQL Server and having wide range of knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery technologies.
- Understands best practices for schema design, backup & recovery strategies. Tuning SQL Server to achieve high performance, read consistency, and write durability.
- Ability to write complex yet high-performance queries.
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data integration pipelines.
- Data Warehousing
- Experience of working in Agile.
- Ability to be creative and analytical in a problem-solving environment.
- Expertise in Performance tuning, SQL Tuning Performance Tuning and SQL Tuning for production Microsoft SQL Server
- Interacting with the customers and understanding the business needs to offer relevant solutions.
- Troubleshooting complex connectivity issues like Kerberos, service principal names.
- Troubleshoot heavy transaction processes from other data sources.
- Plan strategies to limit user from exceeding IOS, network, CPU processes to ensure business continuity.
- Experience working with ServiceNow, AzureDevops, Microsoft Teams.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Assist the sales team to talk to the clients to understand business requirements and provide on demand consultation.
- Troubleshoot high priority incidents by quickly identifying the problem and taking appropriate steps to fix it.
- The candidate will have to be on-call rotations.
Multitasking across various projects. The right candidate for this role will have a passion to develop solutions and automation to deploy/maintain/troubleshoot large, distributed SQL environments primarily Microsoft SQL Server. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and supporting database systems by using tools, scripts automating the routine operations, and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems and break fix issues.
- The use cases including, but not limited to, minimizing time spent on operational work, incident postmortems and proactive identification of potential issues.
- Working with cross-functional teams in a rapidly growing environment.
- Multitasking across various projects. The right candidate for this role will have a passion to develop solutions and automation to deploy/maintain/troubleshoot large, distributed SQL environments primarily Microsoft SQL Server. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Writing articles/blogs on the day-to-day trending topics for SQL Server.
Other jobs at SQLOPS
Senior Database Administrator
ATLANTA – DALLAS – NEW YORK – SEATTLE
SALES GROWTH SPECIALIST
ATLANTA – DALLAS – NEW YORK – SEATTLE
Perks of the Job
Health & Dental